Well, that was fast! The Chronic Dev Team recently released an updated version of greenpois0n to jailbreak Verizon iPhone on iOS 4.2.6 just as users are starting to receive their pre-ordered Verizon iPhone.
The new Greenpois0n RC5 Beta 4 is the jailbreak for the Verizon iPhone with iOS 4.2.6. pod2G, member of the Chronic Dev Team announced the release via Twitter; “RC5.4 online for Verizon iPhone 4 early adopters.” He also posted a photo of Cydia running on a Verizon iPhone to serve as proof to his followers.
However, it is important to note that jailbreaking your phone may void its warranty. Thus, proceed with caution and at your own risk. Remember to backup your phone when you proceed. You can easily find a step-by-step instruction on how to jailbreak your Verison iPhone with greenpois0n RC5 beta 4. Moreover, you can easily download greenpois0n as greenpois0n RC5 beta 4 is available for both Mac and Windows users.
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 with greenpois0n RC5 beta 4:
1. Head to greenpois0n.com and download the newest version
2. Attach your iPhone to your computer, close iTunes if it opens.
3. Open the greenpois0n app and follow the instructions for putting your device in DFU mode
4. greenpois0n will recognize the device in DFU, and run its code, allowing for an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone. The phone will reboot after finishing, however, it will now have an animated boot logo that starts with the apple logo and morphs into the greenpois0n logo.
5. On your springboard, you should find an app called ‘Loader’ which will download and install Cydia. Cydia might not appear directly after Loader finishes. A reboot worked for me.
6. Open Cydia, and install updates as needed! Enjoy your jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4!!