Unlocking is the process of removing the different restrictions imprinted by your SIM, especially on iPhones, so that you will be able to use any carrier that you prefer. By unlocking your iPhones, you can save a lot of money and you can use your current service provider.
Ultrasn0w is an application that is popularly used in unlocking iPhones and it was updated to be able to unlock iPhone 4. The newest Ultrasn0w has the support for the carrier unlock for iPhone 4 with a baseband 01,59.00 as well as 3G and 3GS models on baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04. However, you have to jailbreak your iPhone and there are various ways in doing this using jailbreak solution. Once you successfully jailbroken your iPhone, let’s start unlocking your phones.
- First, install ultrasn0w in your iPhone by launching Cydia application. However, if ultrasn0w does not appear when you search it, take note of the next steps. If it does, then you are almost done.
- Launch Cydia and hit the manage button and then select sources. Hit edit and then the add button.
- Type in http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com in the box asking for APT URL then hit the add source button. Cydia will have to verify the URL you typed in and register it. You may return to Cydia to continue the process.
- By now, you have a new URL registered in your device, just hit the done button and you find the ultrasn0w application and it will automatically unlock iPhone 4. Then, turn off your device.
- Turn on your device and the ultrasn0w application will now begin the process of unlocking your iPhone 4 and you will be able to use any carrier in your iPhone 4.