Recently, Geohot released the Limera1n for Mac that can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G and the new iPod Touch 4G.
Before we proceed in the step-by-step procedure of jailbreaking your iPad, here are some of the important things that you must remember:
- This guide is specifically for iPad users only. It will not work on other devices by Apple. You may search the site for specific instructions in jailbreaking your gadget.
- Jailbreaking your iPad may void its warranty with Apple and please proceed with caution.
- Backup your files before proceeding to prevent the loss of all of your files.
- Limera1n supports iOS 3.2.2 and you need to update your iPad to iOS 3.2.2 and jailbreak it using Limera1n.
- This guide is specifically made for Mac users.
- Please ensure that you are equipped with iTunes 9.2 or later version.
Here is the step-by-step guide:
Step 1: In your computer, download the latest version of Limera1n and save it on your desktop.
Step 2: Run the application.
Step 3: Make sure that your iPad is connected to your computer.
Step 4: Click the “make it rain” button.
Step 5: Limera1n puts your iPad in recovery mode.
Step 6: Press the home and power buttons.
Step 7: Release the power button and continue to press the home button.
Step 8: Limera1n will put your iPad Touch in DFU mode. Press the home button.
Step 9: You will see the Limera1n logo while the application is in process.
Step 10: When the process is successful, you will see “done” and a message.
Step 11: Restart your iPad and you will see a new application called Limera1n in your iPad.
Step 12: Click on the application and install the Cydia on your iPad.
Step 13: After you install the application, reboot your iPad.
Step 14: You will find Cydia on your iPad and you can launch the Limera1n to uninstall Cydia.