Posted by iunlock under iPhone Hacks on Wednesday May 12, 2010
Comex released earlier this week the highly anticipated Spirit untethered jailbreak solution. This program helps jailbreak iPhone or iPod Touch with an iPhone OS 3.1.3 and iPhone OS 3.1.2. In order to facilitate easy jailbreaking, here is a tutorial providing a step-by-step guide.
It is important to note first the possible consequences before engaging in the procedure. Keep in mind that jailbreaking can void the warranty of your device. Aside from this, once jailbroken, these gadgets are very prone and vulnerable to malicious attacks. Thus it is advisable to have a backup of the memory for future use. Once the process is completed, never forget to change the root password of your Apple device.
In order to work properly, the following requirements must be met: iPhone or iPod touch on iPhone OS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. When you’re using the older versions, it is crucial to update your device to iPhone OS 3.1.3. This jailbreak is compatible with all iPhones currently present even the latest iPhone 3GS models with updated Boot ROM. You must also have an activated device. If the screen is stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call, then it is not activated. Also you must also have the iTunes 9 or above installed.
Once you’ve met all the requirements mentioned above and you’ve taken all the necessary precautions, then it is now safe to proceed with the step-by-step instructions to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Download the latest Spirit Jailbreak software to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon (Spirit.exe) to launch the application
Note: If you’re running Windows 7, right click on the icon and select “Properties”. Choose the “Compatibility” tab on the pop-up window and enable the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” check-box. Select “Windows 98 / Windows ME” from the list. Then click “Apply” and “OK” to close the window.
- Connect your device to the computer and click on “Jailbreak”.
- The application will now start the process. When done, press the “Quit” button.
- Your device would now reboot with the progress indicator present.
- Once completed, your iPhone or iPod Touch is now successfully jailbroken. In the Home Screen of your device you’d see the Cydia application.
After jailbreaking, there are some users who report having issues with their Wi-Fi or network connectivity. To resolve this matter, you must work on trying to reset the network settings. To do this choose “Launch Settings”, select “General”, then “Reset”, and finally tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
Posted by iunlock under Unlock on Monday Mar 1, 2010
Mac users, jailbreak and unlock your iPhone easily with this simple tutorial using Geohot’s popular blackra1n software. Before you can begin, keep in mind that this guide does not work for all types of devices.
Please ensure first that you have the iPhone OS 3.1.2 installed as well as a 05.11.07 baseband. If you have the 5.12.01 baseband or higher though, unfortunately you cannot jailbreak yet. Meanwhile if your baseband is lower than the prescribed 05.11.07, you must first restore to the 3.1.2 firmware in order to proceed. Do this by starting up iTunes, selecting your iPhone from the device list, then holding down the option key and selecting restore. After this minor change, you can now push through with the tutorial.
Keep in mind, blackra1n only supports a tethered jailbreak. This simply means once you have successfully jailbroken your device, do NOT ever let your battery die. Anticipate it and charge immediately once you notice it signalling it’s on low. When you allow your device to die, you would still need to reconnect it to the computer and specifically use blackra1n simply to reboot it.
If you have answered yes to the requirements above, then you’re good to go. But a word of caution to all: hacking your iPhone could void it of its warranty for good. So please proceed at your own risk. It is necessary to for safety and security purposes to backup your iPhone before beginning with the process. Once you’re done, we’re ready to begin.
Easy Guide to Jailbreak:
- Visit the blackra1n website, http://www.blackra1n.com, using any web browser of your choice on your Mac. Then select the apple logo located at the bottom of the screen.
- When a prompt appears, download and save the blackra1n zip file to your device. Then double click the downloaded zip file and extract the executable blackra1n.dmg. Double click the extracted file to launch the program.
- From here on, your iPhone or Ipod needs to be connected to the Mac. Once connected, proceed to run the blackra1n.exe file.
- You are now officially ready to start the jailbreak process. Proceed by selecting the “Make it ra1n” button.
- After this, you would notice that your iPhone is now in recovery mode. Instead of the recovery mode screen, the display features a picture of Geohot. Then you’re iPhone would reboot.
Jailbreaking has now been completed. You will notice a popup message informing you that blackra1n is free software and you can donate to Geohot at email@example.com if you appreciate the software. Select ok to finish the process.
At this point, you’d see the blackra1n icon on the springboard of your iPhone. You can proceed further to unlock your device thereafter following these simple steps:
- Ensure you have an internet connection first. Then launch the application by selecting the blackra1n icon.
- Choose the installer application of your choice then select snow if you wish to unlock your device. Press install located at the top right of the screen if you want to proceed.
- Blackra1n will now begin to download and install the packages you selected.
- When completed, you would see a post install log for sn0w. CommCenter would automatically be restarted. But if your carrier does not support 3G, simply disable it. Then select the close button to continue.
- Blackra1n would now respring your iPhone. Now you can find the installer package right at your springboard.
- Once the package is confirmed to be working properly, you can now choose to uninstall blackra1n by selecting the “uninstall blackra1n” button inside the application. By doing this, you are opting to remove blackra1n from your springboard.
Congratulations! You have successfully jailbreak and unlocked your iPhone easily by yourself.